Frequently Asked Questions
What is your Hardware and Rendering?
- Notebook Core i7 CPU M 640, Intel HD Graphics (Ironlake Mobile), 8 GiB RAM, USB Single Van Cooling Pad, USB Mouse.
- Use Tails OS (The Amnesic Incognito Live System) a Tor Linux Distro and Debian GNU/Linux, Blender 2.79b to modeling, export and rendering samples.
About File Objects
Does the "Subdivisions Surface" Add Modifier applied to the .blend file 3d models before exported to .3ds .dae .fbx .obj .stl .glb/.gltf?
- Of course not, the exported files is a low-poly version and the Add Modifier that I always apply it is just "Mirror".
- You can download the .blend file then edit and applied "Subdivisions Surface" Add Modifier before exported to whatever you want.
How did you get started design the 3d model?
- Of course from scratch, based on google images reference from whatever perspective that photographer takeshot.
Did you used blueprints for modeling?
- I can say no, because it confuses to me and doesn't look realistic.
- I'm just searching images on google, which perspective I needed and helps to create the 3d model easier (e.g. vehicle front view).
Are the 3d models true size?
- Of course not, the sizes I make are mostly just for CG used only.
Any file (like custom textures by author) for me to resize to 4k or 8k?
- Not at all, but I'm trying to include the ".svg" for you to edit again.
About Game Assets
Why not support the game ready (low poly)?
- I don't have a background game industries, so if have it please share.
- The 3D Assets available in quad, so you can easy to edit then modify to triangulate whatever you want.
Is the 3D Models from this site support for game assets?
- I don't know it is support or not. I think you should to adjust a few things to make it work.
Why is the topology model so poor?
- So many thanks for your feedback, I'm still learning to be 3D Modeler and share it with the sample render results here.
Why is the exported files from .Blend to other formats doesn’t include textures?
- Most file formats just don't support exporting textures and only stores geometry data.
- It does not keep anything regarding materials or textures. Therefore included HDRI and CC0 Texture source links reference from third parties
Why is the size of the .blend file so big, and the exported file size is so small?
- As the description of the .blend file includes textures, hdri, and possibly materials. Whereas the export file for now is only an object.
About Texture/Materials & HDRI
Why don't some objects have texture images to download separately?
- If it's from a third party, there I've included a link to download directly to the site.
- Some are from materials (Procedural Textures in Blender), so I didn't include a link.
- Sometimes I include in the .blend format object as a sample, if it may contain copyright or use permission that is not yet known.
Who do you contact to get permission from a third party?
- Since this site is cc03ds.com (history here), I've contacted via email to Greg Zaal, Andreas Mischok, Sergej Majboroda from hdrihaven.com (now PolyHaven.com). And I've contacted via direct message on artstation to Lennart Demes from cc0textures.com (now ambientCG.com). They all gave me permission to post a direct link to the original file.
- Outside of PolyHaven.com and ambientCG.com, I have no contact with anyone. So on the license I mention the point "this site just gives an sample for preview only". Then recommend to contact the respective owners.
About 3D Printing
Does the file support 3D Print?
- As you know, I've added the .STL format to the list that available for download. So I don't know it is support or not. I'm really appreciate it if you give me feedback after using the file for 3d print, so that I can tell others if it supports 3d print.
- This file is an export from the .BLEND format, so maybe you need some adjustments to get it ready for 3d print. Even though it's in .STL format.
About Brand and Logo
Why the sample rendering without background?
- I only share 3d models, besides taking a long time when the process of rendering from minimum system requirement. Also occasionally a brand name, logo or other copyrighted design may appear in the HDRIs. It is the responsibility of the user not to infringe on these copyrights in their own work.
What about the brand and logo?
- Each brand and logo maybe containing copyright, trademarks and trademarks registered under corporate governance laws. You know how to contact the copyright owner, this site just gives an sample for preview only.
Why do you share 3D models for free? And why don’t you sell it on the market place?
- I feel the 3D files that I modeling is so far from "good", but I will continue to try to make it as good as possible. And I think it's very improper if I sell it to everyone, so I share it for free. Hope everyone who downloads can modify it to be better and more feasible if you want to sell it on the market place.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact.